Which furniture will I need for a marquee wedding?
When considering seating guests at your wedding reception, furniture is usually too expensive to buy, so hiring or borrowing is the best option.
- Use 5’6” or 6’ round tables, which can seat up to ten people.
- Function room tables also work. These are long runs of tables in a straight line, which saves a lot of room in the tent as round tables take up a lot more space.
- For a buffet, use trestle tables. These are not expensive to buy or hire and can be positioned against a side wall of the marquee.
- You will need a 3ft round table for the all-important cake stand.
- You will need a table plan displayed on an easel frame to direct guests to table numbers.
- Allocate an area for wedding gifts and cards. A table with a post box works great and these are easy to make, with the bride often in charge of adding that personal touch.
What size dance floor do I need for my marquee wedding?
- Like furniture, dance floors are quite expensive to purchase so hiring is the preferred option, or if you or anybody you know are pretty handy, then why not have one made? 6m x 6m (20’ x 20’) is the most popular size and you can buy some 8’ x 4’ sheets of plywood, then either stain them or cover with some laminate flooring.
- If your marquee is standing on hard ground then you could section and area off with lino, all it takes it a little creativity to make an area for dancing.
Where should I position the bar in my marquee?
If you have a bar for your wedding then we recommend placing it at the rear end of the tent, out of the way of the festivities but within easy reach for any of your thirsty guests.
What lighting do I need for my marquee?
- The simple globe lighting system by Gala Tent, which can be hung around the eve bar all the way around the marquee, is a very cost effective and elegant solution. These lights can also be connected to a dimmer switch, which gives you the option to create a mood before or after dinner. You could also hire some chandeliers and uplighters if your budget stretches to this, but globe lighting will do the job with ease.
What heating do I require for my marquee?
- If it’s summer then you may choose not to provide any in-marquee heating, but if your wedding is planned during the winter months or you have free reign to party on long into the night then you may choose to include some heating. Our range of weatherproof heating systems can be found here.
Do I need an entrance to my marquee?
- If you have space available then we would recommend using a porch/entrance structure. A 3m x 3m or 4m x 4m marquee for an entrance, for example, will only enhance the luxury. Adding a run of red carpet and having a photographer take photos of guests on arrival will give a special cinematic awards ceremony feel walking down the carpet just like the Oscars. You could also add some props and plants to make the entrance even more exotic.
How many toilets do I need for my guests?
- You would normally allow one toilet per fifty guests. If you don't have enough available, then consider hiring a portable toilet unit to keep things fresh and hygienic.
What about my neighbours, will they complain about the noise?
- If your marquee wedding reception is at home, then consider inviting your close neighbours so they can have no complaints about noise! Otherwise, simply provide them with adequate notice and stick to your promises about when you intend to quieten down. It’s your wedding, though, so any good neighbour will understand just how important this party is to you.